A lot of people have been telling me they wished they could register for the Damn Fine Words writing course. It’s launching May 7 for its 3rd edition, and people who write me say that if they could just get in on this course…
- …they could finally start that online business, because they’d have the skills to write their web copy and blog for business.
- …they could improve their writing skills and pull in more clients and money, instead of making the meagre income they’re slaving to earn right now.
- …they could feel confident in their written communication for the first time in their lives, instead of agonizing over every piece they write.
These people know that Damn Fine Words is one of the best writing courses out there, and it could change their business game. They know it’s a life changer – and it could even be a life-changer for them.
I’d like to help make that change happen.
Welcome to the Damn Fine Words Writing Contest.
This contest is a friendly competition where your sincerity, desire to learn, and motivation to succeed counts. It’s a writing contest that isn’t about the quality of your writing so much as the quality of your thoughts on writing… and what you plan to do if you improve your writing skills.
Here’s what you can win:
Two people will win a place as a student in the May edition of the Damn Fine Words writing course. (Retail value $1,599.)
Winners will join the course as full-access students when class begins on May 17. They’ll benefit from the lessons, the hands-on exercises, the interactive forum and my personal feedback and support throughout the entire course.
Pretty awesome, right?
Here’s what you need to do:
Write a blog post about why writing is important to you and your business. Why becoming a better writer could literally change your life. How not feeling confident in your writing has affected you, and what it would mean to you to have that obstacle swept away.
I want to know why it’s important for you to be in the Damn Fine Words writing course.
Keep in mind that Damn Fine Words is a writing course for business owners, so if you have an idea for a business you’d love to start, an existing business that isn’t doing so well or an established business that could be doing much better, let me know.
The DFW Online Writing Course Contest Rules
- Write one blog post article of at least 450 words on why writing is important to you and how better writing skills would change your business or your life.
- Link to www.damnfinewords.com once in your post.
- Post your article to your blog.
- Come leave a comment here in the comment section and link to your post.
- Pat yourself on the back.
There are no points given for correct grammar or spelling. There are no points given for the fanciness of the words you choose or the quality of your sales writing. In fact, there are no points given for the quality of the writing at all.
What I’m looking for are two people who really wants to be in this writing course and who know this course can help them succeed.
I’m looking for two people who will show up every day and do their very best because improving their writing skills matters to them. I’m looking for two people who understand the value of writing and its worth to their business.
You don’t need fancy language or correct grammar or finely-honed writing to convey the sincerity of your passion. Trust me – I’ll see it.
Two judges will help me select the winners:
- Taylor Lindstrom is a professional writer who has worked closely with me for several years.
- Peter Shallard is the Shrink for Entrepreneurs and a business success consultant I work with on all my ventures.
The contest closes on May 1 at 7am Eastern. Have your submissions in before then, and we’ll select a winning post and contact the author directly. (Be sure to have a Contact page on your site, or leave us an email address here in the comments!)
Ready? Get writing!