We’re going to ask you a serious question: Is copywriting really what you want to do to make money?
Because I’ll tell you right now, it’s not what I want to do.
Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy copywriting immensely. It’s hard to find a better job than being a freelance writer. I like the hours, I like the work, I like the vast majority of the people I work with. Of all the possible jobs I could have, copywriting is right up there in the top 10.
It’s not at the very top, though. At the very top of my ultimate top 10 jobs is being paid to write fiction.
That’s what I’ve wanted to do all my life. It’s what I wanted to do when I was 10 years old. It’s what I believe I’ll want to do when I’m 100 years old. And I’m betting I’m not alone in this desire.
Copywriting is a great job. But writing fiction would be the best. Job. Ever.
Second-best job? Getting paid to play games. You may recall that over a year ago, Men with Pens launched its very own gaming fiction forum over at Escaping Reality, which has been insanely popular and garnered some amazing stories.
But we Men with Pens people don’t get to play with creative writing as much as we’d like, because we have to stop and do the work that actually makes us money so we can pay the bills.
We wish like crazy that gaming and writing was how we made our bread and butter.
That’s why we were thrilled when the gentlemen at The Gamer Lifestyle offered Men with Pens readers an exclusive offer on how to do just that.
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of the whole offer, here’s what you need to know about Johnn and Yax:
Both these guys are way cooler than I am. They’ve actually been doing my dream jobs – writing and gaming – for years now. Writing and gaming are big sources of income for them. Let’s just break down the cool factor for you right now:
- Johnn wrote a Dragon Magazine column for two years. He’s written for Wizards of the Coast, who produced Dungeons & Dragons, and he’s authored three books on gaming. He puts out the incredibly popular Roleplaying Tips newsletter and hosts a blog just for game masters at Campaign Mastery.
Basically, the bread on Johnn’s table was buttered with dragon blood. He’s pretty amazing.
- Yax is the founder and President of Expy Inc., a role-playing gaming company that runs the huge website Dungeon Mastering, which also features crazy-cool online DM tools. Yax has written for Wizards of the Coast as well, published two books, and drinks his wine out of a goblet stolen from a goblin king.
Yax times Johnn equals awesome, essentially.
The duo have become advocates for what they call the Gamer Lifestyle . These guys are telling serious gamers who are talented writers, “Look, you really can make good money doing the stuff you love. We’ve done it. So can you.”
Thankfully, you don’t have to go on their word alone. There’s a bunch of cool free stuff to show you what’s up.
The Free Stuff For You
To get an idea of what Johnn and Yax are talking about when they discuss the Gamer Lifestyle, we highly recommend you check out their excellent Gamer Lifestyle Blog. It’s all about how to work in the RP gaming industry.
You should also download their FREE EBOOK for gamers and writers who want to be published.
This baby isn’t one of those crappy free reports, either. We know. We read it. The Gamer Lifestyle Strategies gives you 72 pages worth of how to sell and publish your adventures, campaign settings, novels, sourcebooks, and artwork, and it’s free.
Free, guys. Free.
The Exclusive Offer for Men with Pens Readers
When Yax got in touch with James and showed him everything, James nearly fell off his chair. Here was his ticket to creative fiction and making money through writing for role-playing games (which James already loves).
James is picky. Really picky. So he sat down and went through the free ebook, he meticulously checked out Johnn and Yax’s credentials, and he opened up every module of their Gamer Lifestyle course to see if it had true value for members.
The big question for James was, did the Gamer Lifestyle course really – really, seriously, honestly, truly – give people what they need to know to make money through writing gaming fiction and non-fiction?
Even better, Johnn and Yax said, “We’d like to open this course to your readers, and no one else. An exclusive Men with Pens offer.”
That’s pretty cool.
The Gamer Lifestyle is a value-packed guide that holds your hand and teaches you practical, concise, useful information so you can discover to how to make a living as a writer and gamer. Johnn and Yax take you through the process of learning how to make this type of writing part of your income stream. They’ll show you how to do it, step by itty-bitty step.
Here’s what you’ll get from the Gamer Lifestyle Course :
- Extensive and Ever-Expanding Training Modules – These modules are real modules, not the skimpy fast ones that don’t give you much of anything good. The Gamer Lifestyle Course gets right into it and gives it all, teaching you everything you need to know to make money through writing and gaming. Each module covers 10-15 hours of coursework and offers huge audio instructions and guides.
- Task Lists to Keep You On the Ball – It’s easy to listen to modules and interviews and then do nothing. Come on, we all do it. That’s not what these guys have in mind. They want you to really put your talents and skills into action to start earning money, so they’ve included follow-along task lists and guides to get you moving and track your progress.
- Weekly Coaching and Q&A sessions – With Johnn and Yax, you’re never alone. You’ll always have two people who know what they’re talking about, who’ve been there, and who offer a place where you can ask questions about your specific company, project, and products so you get in-depth answers on how to create a successful income stream through writing.
- How-To Videos – More of a writer and a gamer than a technical person? These videos get you through the set-up side so you can make this lifestyle work for you.
- Community Forums – Discuss the gamer lifestyle, your own difficulties and achievements, and get well-deserved support from other writers and gamers just like you.
And when we say other writers just like you, we mean it. The Gamer Lifestyle is open for three days – and three days only – exclusively to Men with Pens readers, the same people who have similar likes, interests and lifestyles as you do.
Get in on it before it closes down.
The Crazy Guarantee
What we really love about the Gamer Lifestyle course is that it comes with a guarantee. Actually, the course comes with two guarantees, and we think both are equally crazy:
1. Three Months to Your First Dollar Guarantee – If you follow these modules and put in the work, Johnn and Yax guarantee you’ll make your first dollar within three months.
That’s not just a guarantee that you’ll like the course. That’s a guarantee that the course works.
2. Six-Month Money Back Guarantee – Johnn and Yax go one step further. If you don’t like the course after six months, even if you’ve followed the entire course, clocked in time with one-on-one coaching with Johnn and Yax, and started earning money from what you’ve learned, they will give you your money back. It’s that simple.
Yeah. See? Two crazy guarantees. It’s a total win.
We know you’re waiting for it: the price tag.
All of this stuff, the modules, the task lists, the one-on-one coaching with guys who’ve actually done this before you, the how-to videos, the forums, the whole nine yards to teach you how to write for the gaming industry and make money, costs $447. If you’d rather break it up into payments, Johnn and Yax let you make five payments of $97.
It may sound like a lot, but we really think it isn’t. Here’s why we believe the Gamer Lifestyle is a great deal:
1. The membership is for life. That means you can work at your own pace. That means you pay one single price, and if you don’t use it for months, you don’t have to pony up again.
2. New modules are added continually, and we’ve seen what’s already there – there is a lot of valuable material that’ll keep you busy for a long time. This isn’t a tosser course, people. This is value.
3. Johnn and Yax created enough teaching material to get you producing 10-15 hours every week from one course alone. James and I will be the first to tell you that means more learning than you ever put into college or university, and we paid a lot of money to go to those institutions.
To put the cost of education into perspective, James paid $700 per university course, and he needed 30 courses to graduate with a B.A. That’s over $20,000, people. All that money went towards a career that he still wouldn’t be able to earn money from unless he invested a lot more cash into setting up his own practice and marketing his services.
And he’s Canadian. You don’t even want to know what Taylor paid to go to a top ten school in the U.S.
4. These guys are running a school for people who want to write and game for a living. You should really attend, because we can’t think of anything we might like to do more than write and play games as our income stream.
5. Speaking of income stream, did we mention that Johnn and Yax promise that Gamer Lifestyle members can create a reliable income stream from the course, and that you’ll start earning your first dollar back in just three months?
P.S. One more thing to think about: When these guys got in touch with us, I personally read what they do for a living and became practically puce with envy. Can you imagine being at a party and someone asks what you do for a living? It’d go something like this:
“I’m a clerk for a retail store,” you’d say. “I do okay.”
“That’s nice,” says the guy. “I write fantasy gaming material all day. And people pay me for it.”
Don’t you want to be that guy?
Yeah, that’s right. Sign up for the Gamer Lifestyle course before it’s too late. You’ll thank us when you write the next Dungeons & Dragons game.