Well, it’s a wrap, folks. The finalists are out for the Top Ten Blogs for Writers, and we’re pleased and honored to have made the grade again.
“Oh, come on, James. We all knew you’d be on the list…”
Well, to be frank, we didn’t. There are new sites for writers and writing blogs cropping up daily, some of them with excellent contributors making waves around the world. It’s anyone’s game, frankly.
And making it to the Top Ten Blogs for Writers list is still is anyone’s game, because no one should ever get so comfy they forget the little guy that might come out of left field. That’s where we came from, and we know that someone else can do the same.
Bring it on, tigers. With the great competition we all offer each other, we can only get stronger together.
Now for the list of finalists in the Top Ten Blogs for Writers – don’t forget to visit each site!
- Copyblogger: This site is the heavyweight champion of the world four years running (and one of the top blogs on the planet)! The brain-child of Brian Clark, his blog keeps winning because of its insightful articles.
- Men With Pens: James Chartrand and Harry McLeod maintain the number two slot with their inspiring content and rich community discussion.
- Write to Done: This blog nearly always delivers a home run with its excellent articles for all writers and is the product of top blogger Leo Babauta.
- Editor Unleashed: Inspired by the former Editor-in-Chief of Writer’s Digest, Maria Schneider explores writing, social media and community on her excellent blog.
- Freelance Writing Jobs: This site is the first stop for freelance writers seeking new work and great articles (and it remains a top winner since this contest began). Congrats Deb Ng!
- Confident Writing: Joanna Young delivers rich and useful articles that will help you take your writing to the next level.
- Urban Muse: Susan Johnston covers a wide range of excellent topics that all writers will enjoy.
- WordCount: Journalist Michelle Vranizan Rafter explores the challenges freelance writers face on her excellent blog.
- Quips & Tips for Successful Writers: A true cornucopia of ideas for writers, Laura Pawlik-Kienlen provides endless content and freelancing tips.
- Fuel Your Writing: This site will certainly fuel you! Michelle Krasniak Oxman and her huge team of contributors provide great content for writers
Congratulations to all winners this year and to everyone nominated as well. Also, thanks to our readers and those who support us on this crazy ride. It’s both rewarding and humbling.
And, a special thank you goes out to Michael. Events like this involve a lot of organization, and his contest gives every writing blog out there a chance to make it.
See you next year!