There’s a battle of the blogs going on, and we’re a contender for the victory…
… Sorta. Copyblogger’s there. Are we good enough to give Brian a run for his money for the second time in less than a year?
John Hewitt of Poewar.com is pitting blogs for writers head to head to see who the best in the West is. He’s put together a list of 32 blogs for writers, and his showdown is going to be interesting.
Yup. Men with Pens made the ranks. Here’s who we’re up against for the best blog for writers:
- Copyblogger http://copyblogger.com/
- Daily Writing Tips http://dailywritingtips.com/
- John August http://johnaugust.com/
- Writers Write http://writerswrite.com/
- Bob Bly Copywriter http://bly.com/blog/
- Writing White Papers http://writingwhitepapers.com/blog/
- Content Maven http://meryl.net/
- I’d Rather Be Writing http://idratherbewriting.com/
- Jane in Progress http://janeespenson.com/
- The Golden Pencil
- All Freelance Writing http://allfreelancewriting.com/
- The Copywriting Maven http://copywritingmaven.com/
- Confident Writing
- Grow Your Writing Business
- Writing on the Web http://coachezines.com/
- Editor’s Blog http://www.writershelper.com/editing-services-blog.html
- Men with Pens https://menwithpens.ca/
- How to Start a Successful Freelance Writing Career http://inkwelleditorial.blogspot.com/
- The Renegade Writer Blog http://therenegadewriter.com/
- Book Marketing Bestsellers http://blog.bookmarket.com/
- PODdy Mouth
- Crime Fiction Dossier http://crimefictionblog.com/
- Be the story http://bethestory.com/
- Write From Home http://write-from-home.com/
- The Book Sistah http://thebooksistah.com/blog/
- Writer’s Notes http://writersnotes.net/
- The Writing Journey http://writing-journey.com/
- Words on the Water http://mlvwrites.com/
- Publishing Careers http://publishingcareers.blogspot.com/
- Quiet Rebel Writer http://quietrebelwriter.com/
- C. Hope Clark http://hopeclark.blogspot.com/
- The Struggling Writer http://struggling-writer.blogspot.com/
Now we’ve got to fight for our spot. It’s tough judging criteria, too. We need to stand out for the best:
Archives: This is the heart of a site. Substance is the key to a good blog. What are the best articles and how good are they?
Design: Substance is great, but flash does count for something. A site that is pleasant to look at makes a difference.
Usability and Navigation: This is the second half of the design puzzle. How easy is it to move around the site and get to the best stuff? Can find the best articles?
Purpose: What is the blog supposed to be about and what is the blog really about?
Personality: Some sites thrive on the writer’s personality and others stick to the information without giving any hints about the writer.
Five Most Recent Posts: This category is all about what the blogger has done lately. How good are the most recent articles and how often do they appear?
It looks like we have a chance. But hurry – the competition has already started. Copyblogger’s moved ahead already. Can we catch up? Will we be eliminated fast? Does our blog have the lasting power it needs?
Come on over and cheer for the Pen Men and all your favorite blogs for writers. We’re waiting!